Weekly Weight Loss Check-In – Week Ending 3 July 2026
One of the things I've learned over the past few months is that progress isn't always about dramatic changes. More often, it's the result of small, consistent habits that quietly add up over time.
This week I reached 100.49 kg, meaning I've lost 0.90 kg since last Friday and 8.39 kg since beginning this journey in April.
Perhaps the biggest milestone isn't the number itself—it's the fact that I'm now less than half a kilogram away from reaching under 100 kg. A few months ago that seemed a long way off. Today it feels genuinely achievable.
Health Snapshot
| Measure | This Week |
|---|---|
| Weight | 100.49 kg |
| Weekly Change | -0.90 kg |
| Total Weight Lost | 8.39 kg |
| VR Exercise | 44 minutes |
| Calories Burned | 276 kcal |
| Average Blood Pressure | 134 / 84 mmHg |
Activity
This week included two sessions of VR Badminton on the Meta Quest.
Although it was a quieter exercise week than the last, I still completed:
- 2 VR Badminton sessions
- 44 minutes of activity
- 276 calories burned
VR continues to be my favourite way to exercise because it genuinely doesn't feel like exercise. Instead of forcing myself through workouts, I'm looking forward to the next game.
That enjoyment is becoming one of the keys to staying consistent.
Blood Pressure
I'm now into my second week of monitoring my blood pressure using the LifeLight app.
LifeLight is an EU MDR CE Mark Class IIa medical device that uses AI and a smartphone camera to estimate blood pressure and other vital signs. While I wouldn't use it as a replacement for a clinically validated blood pressure monitor, it provides an interesting way of monitoring trends alongside my weight and activity.
This week's average reading was:
134 / 84 mmHg
Last week's average was 135 / 85 mmHg, so while it's far too early to draw any firm conclusions, it's encouraging to see the readings remaining stable as my weight continues to fall.
As with my weight, I'm far more interested in the long-term trend than any individual reading.
Highlight of the Week
One of the highlights of the week came through work rather than a planned workout.
I travelled to London and Canary Wharf for meetings, and as often happens in London, the walking quickly added up.
By the end of the day my Apple Watch had recorded:
- 7,399 steps
- 4.95 kilometres walked
The photograph accompanying this post was taken during the visit in Canary Wharf. I couldn't resist stopping to capture the wonderfully quirky sculpture of two rabbit-headed figures riding a bicycle together. It's exactly the sort of unexpected moment that makes travelling for work enjoyable.
The best part is that none of those steps were planned exercise.
They came naturally from walking between stations, offices and meeting venues.
It's another reminder that staying active doesn't always mean setting aside time specifically for fitness. Sometimes everyday life provides plenty of opportunities to move.
Technology That Supports Me
Technology continues to play an important role in helping me stay accountable.
This week I relied on:
- MyFitnessPal to track my nutrition and understand my eating habits.
- Apple Watch to record activity, steps and daily movement.
- Meta Quest for enjoyable VR badminton sessions.
- LifeLight to begin building a picture of my blood pressure trends.
None of these tools lose the weight for me.
They simply provide the information that helps me make better decisions.
Reflection
This journey is reinforcing something I often see in my professional life.
Technology is at its best when it supports people rather than replacing them.
Whether it's digital health, AI or wearable technology, the real value comes from helping people make informed decisions.
The same is true here.
The scales don't lose the weight.
The watch doesn't walk the steps.
MyFitnessPal doesn't choose what I eat.
LifeLight doesn't improve my health.
I do.
Technology simply helps me understand my progress, stay motivated and keep moving in the right direction.
Looking Ahead
There is now just 0.49 kg between me and my next major milestone.
Reaching under 100 kg will be a fantastic achievement, but it won't be the finish line.
The real success is that these healthier habits are becoming part of everyday life.
Whether that's enjoying a game of VR badminton, walking through Canary Wharf between meetings or making better food choices with the help of MyFitnessPal, each small decision contributes to the bigger picture.
Every healthy choice is another thread.
And, over time, those threads are weaving together into a healthier, happier and more active life.

Comments
Post a Comment