Weekly Weight Loss Check-In – Week Ending 26 June 2026

 Another week, another reminder that lasting progress is built through consistency rather than perfection.

This week I reached 101.39 kg, bringing my total weight loss since beginning this journey in April to 7.49 kg. That's another 0.73 kg lost this week and means I'm getting ever closer to two important milestones: losing 10 kg overall and reaching double figures on the scales for the first time in a while.

What continues to encourage me most isn't simply the weight I've lost—it's the healthier habits I'm building along the way.

Health Snapshot

MeasureThis Week
Weight101.39 kg
Weekly Change-0.73 kg
Total Weight Lost7.49 kg
Exercise80 minutes
Calories Burned533 kcal
Average Blood Pressure135 / 85 mmHg

Activity

This week I completed three VR Badminton sessions, totalling 80 minutes of activity and burning an estimated 533 calories.

VR continues to be my preferred way of exercising. It combines movement, competition and fun in a way that never feels like a traditional workout.

One of the biggest lessons from this journey is that exercise doesn't have to feel like exercise. Finding an activity I genuinely enjoy makes it much easier to stay consistent. Rather than forcing myself through workouts, I'm building a routine around something I genuinely look forward to.

Virtual reality has completely changed my perception of gaming. What was once considered a sedentary hobby has become an enjoyable way to improve my fitness while having fun at the same time.

Blood Pressure

This week I also introduced another measure of my overall health by beginning to monitor my blood pressure.

Rather than immediately buying another device, I've started experimenting with the LifeLight app after it was recommended to me during a conversation with Microsoft.

LifeLight is an EU MDR CE Mark Class IIa medical device that uses AI and a smartphone camera to measure blood pressure and other vital signs. I'm currently testing it to see if it can replace a regular BP cuff and to see if it provides an interesting and consistent way of monitoring trends over time.

My readings this week averaged 135 / 85 mmHg.

This gives me a useful baseline. As my weight continues to fall and my activity levels increase, it'll be interesting to see how these readings change over the coming months.

Highlight of the Week

The highlight of the week wasn't a workout at all—it was a trip to London to watch the musical Cabaret.

As we explored the city before heading to the theatre and made our way home afterwards, my Apple Watch quietly kept track of the day. By the end of it, I'd clocked up:

  • 13,297 steps
  • 8.8 kilometres walked

The best part is that none of it felt like exercise.

It came naturally from spending the day exploring London, enjoying the atmosphere and looking forward to an outstanding performance.

That's one of the biggest lessons I've learned during this journey.

Not every calorie has to be burned during a planned workout.

Sometimes the healthiest activity is simply living life and doing the things you enjoy.

On this occasion, a fantastic day out at the theatre also became one of the most active days of my week.

Reflections

Looking back over the week, I'm reminded that technology isn't helping me lose weight.

It's helping me understand myself better.

My smart scales reveal long-term trends rather than daily fluctuations.

My Apple Watch encourages me to move more and captures activity I might otherwise overlook.

VR makes exercise enjoyable enough that I actually look forward to it.

LifeLight gives me another way of observing how my health may be changing over time.

None of these technologies make healthy choices for me.

But together they provide feedback, encouragement and accountability.

Technology doesn't create healthier habits.

People do.

Technology simply helps us understand our progress, celebrate our successes and stay motivated when the journey becomes difficult.

Looking Ahead

I'm now within touching distance of two significant milestones: losing 10 kg and reaching under 100 kg.

Those achievements will be worth celebrating, but they aren't the destination.

The real success is that these healthier habits are beginning to feel natural.

This week's trip to London captured that perfectly.

I didn't set out to complete a fitness challenge.

I set out to enjoy a wonderful day and an excellent musical.

The steps came naturally.

The memories will last much longer.

Perhaps that's what this journey is really about.

Not just losing weight.

But gaining a healthier, more active way of living—one small step at a time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If Neighbourhood Health Is Going to Succeed, We Need to Leave Organisational Boundaries Behind

Simon's Story: Eight Years Later and Still Looking Forward

Fifty, Under 100 kg and 10 kg Lighter: The Journey Continues